What you will do:
Create and develop a high performing sales team, leading them to achieve revenue objectives and to meet customer expectations. The sales team is comprised of business development managers (BDMs) focused on obtaining new business and account managers (AMs) focused on growing existing business.
What you will sell:
Online company stores that enable organizations efficiently and cost-effectively purchase and receive apparel and items bearing their brand.
Why you should join our organization:
We’re not your typical promotional products distributor; we focus on solutions that support the long-term needs of HR, marketing, sales, procurement, and safety functions within organizations. And, we have onsite capabilities (screen printing and embroidery) that provide additional brand control and efficiency for our clients.
Our 40-year old organization is transforming and growing, which is reflected in our new company brand. This is the perfect time to join our collaborative team and an excellent opportunity to develop brand-building strategies.
Details of key activities
- Communicate sales targets and develop performance plans to achieve assigned targets
- Consistently review sales performance and progress against plan
- Coach and mentor individual BDMs and AMs to improve sales performance to ultimately meet or exceed plan
- Recruit, train, and onboard new BDMs/AMs as needed
- Act as an advocate of company culture and values to drive sales results
- Determine and assign sales quotas
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue
- Analyze sales data and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Develop scalable sales processes and ensure adherence
- Foster positive collaboration between sales and other company entities
- Ensure BDMs/AMs employ sales technologies, such as a CRM, correctly
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Track sales metrics and share with company leadership
- Maintain a deep understanding of customers and their preferences
- Resolve escalated customer issues regarding sales and service
- Provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing
- Provide advanced negotiation expertise and act as focal point for proposals, agreements, and contracts
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals as a sales leader
- Successful experience in building a sales team from the ground level
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers
- Working knowledge of e-commerce and social media platforms for use in sales and marketing
- Skilled at negotiation and closing
- A minimum of five years B2B selling experience
- Experience in prospect qualification, solution selling, and technical sales is required
- Promotional products industry experience is highly desirable